Friday, August 24, 2007

The smile.

11 PM onwards was the time usually i come home then. Was very busy @ work during those days. No time for any other personel things . i remember i missed many movies i wanted to watch during those days. Did not even visit my home town for weeks. there was stretch of period where i went to work for weeks (including weekends). All these things happened before i went to onsite. when i came back, every thing had changed. No late night stay in office. no more working on weekends. i was very glad to welcome these changes. but....
One might think i missed so many things being in office for hours just for the sake of more money and recognition. guys wait! here comes my answer. i agree i had missed many things in life while i was in office. but i used to stay late and work in weekend because i liked every bit of it. i did that because i was very much interested in what i was doing and was very keen to learn more. most of the times no one used to force me to stay back late in office . Got recognition and money that's fine . More improtant than that for me was every day i used to go home being satisfied with whatever i did that day. Every night before i sleep i used to see myself smiling and felt fresh by the thought that i utilised one more day of my life doing things which bring satisfaction to me. that satisfaction would drive me to work late next day.
It has been long time since then . Now a days, my work is not that hectic. i have lot of time for other things. of course i am enjoying this part of my life being little free, but that smile..... is sort of missing :-) .

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Like most of the Indian software engineers you too have misconception that working late night gives you that smile (as you say...but that smile..... is sort of missing). To certain extent I agree. At the same time you should understand that you are getting exploited.

Sachin said...

Working late night did not give me smile. i was satisfied with what ever i had done that day and that gave me smile. as i had said most of the times no one forced me to stay back