Thursday, August 24, 2006

Dream or what !!!!!!

when i stepped out of the train , it was around 9:30 PM Local time . i cannot remember exact time as my wrist watch stopped working during my journey till here . the station was all deserted but for one or two people who were rushing outside and disappeared. i had to carry my heavy luggage outside 'myself'. no 'coolie' to be seen there.

strange !! you have to climb up to go out from there . all travel and hunger had made me tired. and it was very chilling but fresh out there. somehow i managed to climb some steps only to find out that i have to climb down again after walking a bit. even i managed to do that :) . hoping some one outside will help me find my destination , i walked out only to find the place deserted. couple of people waiting there , probably for Bus. i thought of catching a bus , but , i dunno where to get down. i realised what a big mistake i had made , forgot to note down my friend's number living there. but i did not have coins to make a call from station phone. luckily i still remember the street name where i had to go . thought of calling a taxi . but .... none to be seen !!! what next ????

still amongst all these i was happy to be there . it was all sort of dream . i used to pinch myself every few minutes for past few hours. oh my god! this is indeed real!!!! .

one more thing. i was not alone !!! . all through i was accompanied by Ram :) .he lit a cigerate ( i am sort of non smoker ;) ) and checked from couple of people standing there and gave me gud news that cab's frequently come there. cab???. finally after a wait of around 20 min a 'cab' was there . cab driver did not said anything , he helped us put the luggage in the car, he sat in his seat and we said we want to go to 'lapwing close'. more than 10 hour long journey from 'Bangalore' to 'Bristol' ended there. traveling in the cab watching the clean and beautiful roads out there, i was wondering is this dream or what !!!!!

No comments: